Saturday, September 13, 2008

Oh the Mobs...of People

I know I say this everyday, but I CAN'T get over the number of people here. If I thought the Olympic Green was crowded before, I was proven wrong today. I'm not kidding when I say that I waited in a MOB of people for 40 minutes at McDonald's tonight for dinner. Oh the things we will do for the comforts of home. You should have seen it. It was insanity.

Patricia and I took it easy again this morning, and then our routine followed much the same as yesterday. We went up the archery field to watch one of Eric's teammates compete and see the medal matches. Then we took the bus down to the Olympic Green where we finally got our McDonald's. Then we were lucky to have Eric meet up with us and we all went to the Indoor Stadium to watch the USA women's wheelchair basketball team compete against Australia in the Semifinals. That was a lot of fun. The whole time were were on the Olympic Green, Eric just kept commenting on all the people and that we should take a picture...um, we have every night we've been there, he's just not experienced it yet. I call it my sea of black hair because I'm taller than everyone so when I look out, it's all I see! :) It took Patricia and I quite awhile before we could hail a taxi tonight there were so many people also waiting for one. Finally we got one and got back to the hotel around 10:00pm.


Tomorrow we have our first tour day. We are going to the Forbidden City and the Tower of Heaven. I'm sure I'll have lots of pictures to share. But for now, here's a couple of Eric and I!



























I just had to throw in a picture of the MOBS of people. Can you see what I'm talking about? This is outside the National Stadium. It also happens to be cool picture of the moon and the flame. Thanks Patricia for taking such great pictures! I love your camera!


1 comment:

Vickie said...

I love the pictures of you guys!! Hope you have fun on your tours today- take lots of pictures- I can't wait to see them all. Hope you are feeling okay Rachie!!

Love you guys!!!

Vick