Because we arrived so early, the airport was empty which helped us to get through everything fairly quickly. We had a guide waiting for us, the nicest guy ever! His name is Lyn and he got us out of the airport and to the hotel, being a great tour guide along the way. He said the airport was just finished, about two months before the Olympic games began, which explains why it is so beautiful. There were paralympic signs everywhere...I tried to take a picture of a huge one hanging from the ceiling, but it wouldn't come out. :(
Lyn helped us get checked into the hotel and up we came to unpack and shower (hallelujah) and see if we could get internet access. When we tried to get hooked up with the internet, it asked us for a username and password. So I called down to the front desk and asked them for it. She asked what room I was in and what my name was, and then she told me you cannot have a password because I was not checked into a room. HUH??? How can I not be checked into a room? I'm sitting in a room! So three people transfers later, a guy finally says he'll call me back, there must be a mistake. Really?! We obviously got connected, but Patricia and I will be laughing about that one for a while. "You can not have password, you not checked in, you not a guest." :)
So here's a picture of our view from our hotel! We get to see the out over the front of the hotel. It's beautiful.
So I just got off the phone with Eric. He was able to secure guest passes for us to be able to go and tour the Athlete Village today. That will be a lot of fun. I have to admit that I'm just kind of really excited to see Eric though! :)
Now that I know I have internet access, I will be posting often and taking lots of pictures! Hope you don't get sick of me!
Oh, one other funny story...I changed my computer to represent the time in China, and when I went to blogspot.com to start my post, everything was in Chinese. I had to laugh, good thing I know what I'm doing! :P

6 comments:
Logan thinks the airplane is pretty cool! Everything is going fine here, glad you made it.
Amazing! Sounds like you two are already having a great adventure. Can't wait to learn more.
Glad you made it safely. The pictures are gorgeous!
What an exciting time....we hope you all enjoy yourselves!!
Dear Rachel and Eric:
We are so excited for you! This is a grand adventure. Thank you for sharing it with us via the blog. GOOD LUCK ERIC!
Much love,
Auntie Karen Wright and Crew
Dear Ones:
Matt, are you keeping your Dad updated on these blogs? Please send me your pertinent data (email, etc.) Tell me all your news too! Love to you and yours and to Cathlyn!
Auntie Karen
Post a Comment