Friday, September 12, 2008

More Walking Around Beijing

Patricia and I decided to take it easy this morning. We ate breakfast a little later than usual, came back up to rooms and watched some Paralympic events on TV and read the China Daily (a newspaper in English). We also decided to walk around our hotel a little to see people in their everyday life and some less busy streets. I even snuck in about a 20 minute nap before we got up to head to the archery field to watch some of Eric's teammates compete.

It was fun to spend the afternoon with Eric and watch some archery matches. I even got to be famous for a minute. Someone came up and asked to take Patricia's picture. Then they realized I was cut out of the picture (no biggie to me!) but they decided they needed one with just me too then!

After the archery competitions were over, we headed back down to the Olympic Green because we had tickets for track and field in the Bird's Nest. We took the same bus line we did yesterday but this time we found the McDonald's on the Olympic Green. It was on the opposite direction that we went yesterday. So when I said the Olympic Green was huge yesterday, that was only the half of it! We finally made it to the McDonald's (YAY!) and then walked all the way back to the Bird's Nest. We got in and couldn't believe how full it already was. That place was packed! By the time we were ready to leave, it was dark outside so we got some cool night time pictures.

We are exhausted tonight after all our walking. Last night was the first night I actually slept through the night. I don't know if it's because I'm finally adjusting to the time, or if I was just tired enough, or the help from the Tylenol PM, or all of the above. I used to wake up around 3:00am and not be able to fall back asleep for almost 2 hours. I'm sure I'll sleep good again tonight!




Here are some of my favorite night pictures from tonight. Sorry Logan that mommy isn't in any of them. I'll make sure to take one of me and daddy tomorrow.












Isn't it just beautiful! One thing I can't get over is the shear amount of people everywhere. The Bird's Nest was completely full, I'm sure there was just as many in the Water Cube and probably in the Indoor Stadium as well...not to mention the thousands just wandering around. It's very overwhelming!

4 comments:

Stacey Bush said...

HI guys...Eric thanks for your example to show us all how to beat adversity. Just you being there shows us that through our Lords help we can do anything. Now go eat some eggrolls and really amaze us..haha! Rachy tell Patricia I want a pic with her too when you get back. Kellie...your boys are good, all of them. Tyty still has a temper...:):) OH...Kel, you're GNOMETASTIC Love you all!

Vickie said...

Hope you guys are doing good!! We are thinking about you guys. Tell Eric, Cole said "thumbs up". Tell Kell she better come back 10 lbs. heavier- with pearls and goodies for me :) Love ya guys- be safe.

Eric and Rachel said...

Hello everyone! Oh my gosh we are ready to come home. We climbed the great wall, saw the forbidden city, did all the sites we could and we are pooped! Lots and lots of walking with lots and lots of people. I can not wait to get home tomorrow to real food and a fat diet mt. dew with tons of ice from QT! I ate mentos candy for dinner tonight and dad had a bag of lays potato chips. We can't wait to see everyone tomorrow and show pics. Brian- tell Tanner good luck on his 1st soccer game and please don't forget the camcorder! Give the boys hugs and kisses and tell them i'm coming home.I miss my boys so much! I love you. Don't worry sista's I got goodies for you! See you guys soon. Kellie

Brian said...

Hi guys glad to hear that you got to see all the sites. Kell Tanner's game went well and we won (not that it matters) 11-2. Tanner did a lot of running around but not a whole lot with the ball. Still needs a little work on paying attention to the game and the ball instead of running while looking at the sidelines. Boys miss you and can't wait to see you tomorrow. Tyson keeps saying Momma and walking around looking for you. I love you and miss you as well and can't wait to hug you tomorrow when you get in. Call me when you get to Cali. so I know whats going on. Love you and say a prayer before getting on the plane. Cya tomorrow. :)