Yes, I don't think too many were surprised that Eric had McDonald's for dinner his first night in China, so when I instant messaged with him this morning, I had to ask what he'd eaten that day. He went out on a limb this time and ate pizza, cereal and a PB sandwich. :) He said he'd be back to Mickey D's tomorrow.
He was able to practice and said the field was really nice. The weather wasn't so friendly, he said the wind was swirly and it rained at the end of their practice time. They have 4 hours to practice every day, either in the morning or the afternoon. He said he shot average, but that his main competition, the Koreans, were eyeing him and his new release. They had fear in their eyes! :)
I asked him what else he was able to do besides practice and he was able to go to the "International Zone". It's the part of the Athlete Village where all the shops are. He told me that it would be a place that we could meet and hang out as well. I was excited about that, but then he also told me he thought he could get guest passes and be able show me all of the athlete village, which got me really excited.
One thing that kind of surprised me today is that Eric said from the Athlete Village and the archery field he isn't even able to see the stadiums (the bird's nest, water cube, etc). He said it wasn't due to smog, but that the whole area is so spread out and it's just too far away. I can't even imagine. I think I'll be doing a lot of walking, or getting to know the taxi system really well!
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment