Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Eric's in China!

I woke up this morning at 6:30 and rushed to the computer to see if Eric had sent me an email, and he was actually online so we were able to instant message for about 25 minutes! It was 9:30pm and he was EXHAUSTED. He said the flight was long, 12 hours exactly. Once they landed they were greeted in the airport by about 50 people to escort them through the airport. They had buses waiting at the airport to take them to the Athlete Village. He said everything is so huge and oversized. There are flags everywhere and all the olympic signs/rings have been changed to reflect the paralympic logo. He said that by the time they got all checked into their rooms, it was 6:30pm and they had an orientation meeting at 7:30pm, so they had to hurry and eat. Any guesses on what his first dinner in China was? In the words of Eric, a double cheeseburger, 5 chicken nuggets, french fries and a coke zero. Yes, he found the McDonald's. He said everything else they saw looked a little scary, but they didn't have a ton of time to look around. He thinks it will be McDonald's and PB sandwiches for him!

He's excited to be able to go and shoot tomorrow afternoon. I can only imagine what a cool experience that will be to go practice shooting at the place where he's going to win the gold medal. I can't wait to be there and see him do it.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I cannot believe that Eric is in CHINA!!! Congrats to him! That is absolutely incredible. AND, I can officially say that I know an Olympian! Have a GREAT time in China.

Congrats on the new baby--it's due on my b-day, so see what you can do about having it right on time!

Dave G said...

Eric I'm sure I speak for anyone that has had the pleasure of shooting with you we are all so proud of you and want to wish you the best of luck. Remember to take time to smell the flowers or in this case to smell the weird foods.
Good luck,
Dave Grossman

Unknown said...

Good job Eric!! Gold for the gold man! Love your best archer Quintin ;)