I woke up this morning and ran to the computer, but Eric wasn't on the computer, so I thought I would hurry and get the shower. Turns out he tried to instant message me while I was in the shower, and by the time I got out, the lines of people waiting for a computer were getting long, so he decided to just call me! It was so great to hear his voice!
He's doing great. He had another good day of practice and they had their flag ceremony tonight. He explained it to me that 4-5 countries at a time go to the International Zone where there's an amphitheater. There are all kinds of dignitaries there and each country's anthem is played and their flag is raised to be on display throughout the paralympics. He said it was a very neat experience.
Tomorrow is Opening Ceremonies! He thinks it should be pretty similiar to the Olympic Opening Ceremonies. It's going to be an all night affair and they've been told they won't get back to the Athlete Village until 2-3 in the morning. That means I won't be able to talk to him tomorrow morning, and then I leave to go to China...so the next time I talk to him, I will be in China too! It's still very surreal to me.
I believe UniversalSports.com said they were going to broadcast the opening ceremonies, so if anyone wants to check it out, hopefully you can find it there.
My next post will probably be from China! :)
Friday, September 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Good luck in China. I am so excited for you. Thanks for keeping all of us posted on everything!
Good luck in Beijing,China!!!I hope you will get the Gold Medal!!!I will always look up to you as my mentor and buckle buddy,but when you get back,I can't wait to beat you out of a soda at the next 3-D Shoot at Ben Avery
Post a Comment