Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Closing Ceremonies

Closing Ceremonies was AMAZING tonight. I feel so lucky that I was able to be there to watch it in person. If you have some time, you should check it out on universalsports.com. Beijing has done an amazing job putting these whole games together. The thousands of volunteers were so friendly and helpful, everything was so organized and clean, and their ceremonies were amazing. I was literally touched tonight and just sat in awe in my seat. Unfortunately, because of where we had to sit, we were under an overhang and Patricia wasn't able to very many good pictures. But I highly recommend you checking it out.



The only part that was kind of disappointing is that the athletes didn't parade around the stadium. They were ushered into 1 of 4 entrances, and then their seats were right near their entrance so I wasn't able to see Eric at all tonight. One of the entrances was right by where we were sitting, but he didn't come in that one. Oh, well.








This morning Patricia and I were super lazy. I think all my activities are finally starting to catch up with me. All I wanted to do is sleep! We made it down for breakfast, but then came back up and I took a 2 hour nap! We ate a late lunch before we headed down to Bird's Nest for the ceremonies.


Tomorrow, we are going to sleep in, probably even going to skip breakfast and eat some of things we have in the room. Then we have talked about trying out the spa here in the hotel. Hopefully it will be a nice day of relaxation.


Eric flies out tomorrow. I know he's excited to come home...it's been 3 long weeks for him. I know that Logan is just as excited to have his daddy home too.

3 comments:

Tiff Rudd said...

Such an amazing experience! Can't wait to hear more about it when you call me and let me know you made it home safe (hint hint! :) Enjoy some relaxation and travel home safe!!

Vickie said...

Looks amazing- it was nice to talk to Eric for a minute lastnight!!! Love you guys - get home safe- see ya next week.

Linda Bennett said...

Hi Rachel~ Kellie told me about this blog. It was nice to stay caught up on what was going on. Tell Eric I said congratutions! What an amazing experience for you guys. You must be so proud of him. We really need to get together and chat about preschool