Wednesday, July 13, 2011

We Have A Bracket

Finally! I've been checking all day to see the elimination bracket Eric would be placed in. Here's the link.

He has a bye the first round and the second round should go by easily for him. He will shoot the second round at 17:35 today, which is 8:35 our time. Don't forget about the live scoring! :)

Then he will most likey face Bartos, the #17 seed next in the 1/16 round. Eric said he's never even heard of him, so Bartos doesn't know what's going to hit him! That head to head won't take place until Saturday morning at 9:30am, so 12:30am our time. Then the rest of the eliminations (1/8, 1/4 & 1/2) will follow in succession.

The gold medal match will be Sunday morning at 11:00am, so for us it is the early hour of 2am! You know I'll be up watching (even if I am in the mountains of Payson at girls camp!)

In all of the talk about the head to head eliminations, I haven't even mentioned that the USA team is ranked 2nd and will be competing against other teams on Friday. To compete in the team round, a country must have 3 competitors in a certain division. Then they combine those 3 scores for a total and rank them. We are 2nd out of all the teams. The team round will be from 11:25-13:25 on Friday...so 2:25-4:25am for us. Gotta love the time difference! Eric feels, and I agree 100%, that they have a really good chance of medaling as a team.

Okay, I think that does it for how the competition plays out from here. Let me know if I missed anything or if you have any questions. :)

No comments: