Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Qualifying Round Updated

I was able to instant message Eric a bit after his qualifying round. He was really bummed about how it all turned out. I knew something went wrong in the 50 meter round since he stopped giving me updates. :) So that's when I turned to the live scoring, which is really handy! This is what Eric had to say about what happened during the 50 meter round.

"Well I was on the left and the guy on my target was on the right. He is in a wheelchair. After lunch he positioned himself toward the center squeezing me to the left. Because of that I was turned wrong. So, on the very first arrow I was worried that I was going to bump into him. As a result I was thinking about not bumping him and I was lined up wrong. When I drew back I didn't check which target I was aimed at because I was thinking of being in his way. Shot a ten on his target."

The head to head eliminations start tomorrow, but there's not a schedule posted as of yet. Remember you can go to archery.org and they have a link on their main page to watch the live scoring. It's pretty fun to follow the progress and the "refresh" button get's pushed a lot! :) If I find out a time, I will be sure to pass it along. It will more than likely be in the middle of the night, but I think it's worth sacrificing the sleep! ;)

No comments: