Saturday, September 1, 2012

He Won x2

What an incredible day!  I'm so thankful that I'm able to be here with Eric.  Thank you for all the many people who supported (and are still supporting!) us in this great adventure.  I'll work in reverse today, since the most exciting thing has happened most recently.

Eric won his first match to meet Joel Perrot from France.  Perrot was ranked 6th.  Eric jumped ahead with a commanding lead, 4-0.  Perrot shot great and came back to win the next two ends and it was tied 4 all.  The next end they tied, so the points were split 5-5.  At that point they go to a one arrow shoot off, closest to the middle wins.  Perrot shot first and his arrow landed in the 6 range.  I knew Eric would do better and he shot a 9!  It was so exciting and intense and nerve racking...and that was just what I was feeling.  I don't know how Eric handles it!  Here is a video of him during the one arrow shoot off.

The first match was actually quite uneventful (which was good for me) and Eric won 6-2 against an archer from Italy.


After the first match, Eric and I met up and we got some lunch.  Eric wanted fish and chips and for those of you who know me well, you know I don't do fish.  But I figured, "When in London..." and so I got fish and chips as well.  Don't believe me?  Here's the proof!


And believe it or not, I actually enjoyed it--with lots of tartar sauce! :)

Enjoying a lunch of fish and chips together!  Hi Logan & Natalie!
After the 2nd victory, Eric and I met up again for a bit and many people from London and other countries came up to him, asking him for his autograph, taking pictures with him, and one cute boy name Peter traded a Mandeville mascot with Eric for a US archery pin.  It was fun to see the response Eric gets from the people he comes in contact with.  We took this picture together where they have huge brackets to show the winners of each match.


After a bit, Eric had to head back to the athletes village to remove his good luck shirt so it won't get too stinky over the next couple of days and I headed back to the hotel.  On my way into Victoria Station, I stopped and bought myself a ticket for Wicked, which I'm going to see tonight!  I'm so excited...and the added bonus for today?  I found out my room has a hair dryer, which is a good thing since the first and only time I tried using mine with an adapter it started smoking! :)  Now I can get all pretty for Wicked!

Eric will shoot one match tomorrow at 11am (that's 3am for you Arizonans!).  It's against Oguzhan Polat from Turkey.  He is ranked #19 from the ranking round, but also took out the #3 ranked archer today.  I will post as soon as I can...hopefully I can find a nice friend again who will share their hot spot with me.  If not, here's a link the see the results.

Two more pictures I snapped before I sign out for the day and go to the musial.  The first I saw from my train ride to the Artillery Barracks.  The next I saw as I was walking down the hill from the Barracks to get on the train ride back.  I'm loving London!



1 comment:

Cathy said...

The kids LOVED the video. Glad you're having a great time.