Our 6 year old Logan tends to follow in his dad's picky eating habits and so we told him yesterday was a taste adventure and I wanted him to try some of everything and if he didn't like it, he didn't have to finish it. He ended up really enjoying the Sweet & Sour Chicken, the Beef (but not the broccoli), fried rice and the Lo Mein. I was very proud of him for trying everything.
As we were all finishing eating, there was quite a bit leftover. Sweet Natalie suggested we save some for Daddy. I reminded her that Daddy was gone and my mom told her that Daddy doesn't like Chinese food. In fact, Eric's biggest concern in making the 2008 Paralympic team going to Beijing, China was that he would have to eat Chinese food. Does anyone remember this post or this one of him having to eat in an authentic Chinese restaurant?
Anyway, after my mom's comment about Eric not liking Chinese food, I could tell Logan was deep in thought. After a moment he said, "Mom, if dad doesn't like Chinese food, what did he eat when he was in China?" My mom and I chuckled and I replied, "Luckily dad stayed in a place that had a McDonald's and he ate lots and lots of McDonald's!"
As we were all finishing eating, there was quite a bit leftover. Sweet Natalie suggested we save some for Daddy. I reminded her that Daddy was gone and my mom told her that Daddy doesn't like Chinese food. In fact, Eric's biggest concern in making the 2008 Paralympic team going to Beijing, China was that he would have to eat Chinese food. Does anyone remember this post or this one of him having to eat in an authentic Chinese restaurant?
Anyway, after my mom's comment about Eric not liking Chinese food, I could tell Logan was deep in thought. After a moment he said, "Mom, if dad doesn't like Chinese food, what did he eat when he was in China?" My mom and I chuckled and I replied, "Luckily dad stayed in a place that had a McDonald's and he ate lots and lots of McDonald's!"
I know Eric is looking forward to going to London where he can enjoy lots of fish and chips!

No comments:
Post a Comment