We had our baby girl on Wednesday, March 25, 2009! Natalie Bennett arrived at 5:24pm, weighing in at 6lbs 11oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. Eric and I were both surprised to see a head full of dark hair! She's been absolutely perfect. She's so tiny, we only have 3 outfits that fit her, and at night we have to dress her in some preemie sleepers we had from Logan, even though they are blue and have trucks and buses on them! She's finally starting to gain some weight and as much as I would like her to stay tiny forever, I'm excited for her to put on a couple more pounds so I can start dressing her in all the cute clothes I've been given.
We only stayed in the hospital one night; we were anxious to come home and be with our Logan and start adjusting him to his new way of life. We are so happy to see how well he's done. He absolutely loves her. He's always very concerned about her, where she is, why she's crying, and checks in on her often when she's sleeping. That's not to say he's tested us as his parents, but at least he loves his "Madaee".
Natalie had her first bath on Thursday, April 2...we were hurrying to get done so we could watch the series finale of ER. :) She LOVED it and didn't even make a whimper. She's going to be just like her brother who loves to take his tubbie daily, and would do it more often if we let him.
Finally, I had to post this adorable picture of Logan. We knew that eventually he would have to fill his dad's shoes and take over the Star Wars tradition, but who knew it would be this soon? He even knows and sings the theme song...heaven help me now! :) Maybe it will be good to have some girl & pink influence in our home!

6 comments:
Congratulations Bennett family!! She is BEAUTIFUL! And I love the name Natalie.
Rachel, I've been meaning to ask you, are you still teaching preschool? I have a friend out in Surprise (whose name is Natalie!) who has a 3 year old daughter and she was asking me about your preschool. Any details you could give me would be great. You can email me at officerswife33 {at} gmail {dot} com. Thanks!
-Claire Waite
Like I've said before, she is truly beautiful!!
Oh and in a few years you will know more about Star Wars than you ever wanted to know!! I still love that you didn't know Darth Vader was Luke's father ... CLASSIC!!
xoxo
wow she is cute!!!! who would have thought!? jk. I'm pretty sure people just gave up on you and stopped checking your blog since you NEVER update!!
Hey! I just found your blog! I am so glad that everything went well. Natalie is darling! It was nice to see you on Wednesday. Hope you guys are doing well!
Sister Bennett, she is ADORABLE!!! Congrats! We've missed you at church!!
I haven't checked your blog because I thought it was going to be just for Olympics, and I saw on Jenni Millers that it had been updated recently.... Oh My GOODNESS!!!!! Natalie is so cute, and you all look so sweet and perfect together! I'll add your blog to my list so I won't miss a post. Love you!!!
Post a Comment