Monday, August 27, 2012

I'm Getting Closer

My mom, Logan, Natalie and I all arrived in Northern California Saturday night after a delayed but otherwise uneventful flight.  This was Logan and Natalie's first time flying that they can remember and they loved it.  We are so thankful my sister Jennie has taken us in and will take care of everyone while I'm gone.  She even gets to homeschool Logan, which should be loads of fun, haha!

I leave tomorrow morning from the San Francisco airport and arrive Wednesday morning early.  I'll get to my hotel and I'm hoping they'll let me check in early.  Then I immediately get to figure out "the tube" because I need to go get my ticket for opening ceremonies from the US Paralympic office.  Then, I get to figure out how to get to Opening Ceremonies.  Let the adventures of my "Amazing Race" begin! :)

I'm so excited to get there.  I don't know how soon I'll be able to see Eric.  The day after opening ceremonies is his ranking round, which I'm not able to attend.  Then we have a day off, possibly two if he gets a bye in the first round, and I don't know if I'll be able to see him any of those days.  I might just have a lot of quality alone time in London the first few days!

Eric posted this picture today on his fan page.  He's doing great!  I've been able to talk to him a couple times as he can call from the media room in the athlete village.


This was his quote, "Royal Artillary Barracks Ranking field with the finals stadium in the background. Had a great day of practice and am headed back to the Village for lunch (aka: McDonalds, hehe)"

I will keep everyone posted as I get there.  Go Team Eric!

No comments: